Frequently Asked Questions
Pills in a Pouch pharmacy synchronizes all of your maintenance medications, to make things easier on you. When we have all of your medications synchronized, Pills in a Pouch will sort and organize your medications to your medication regimen. In your personalized box, will be your roll of custom pouches containing all of your medication. Each pouch is labeled with easy to read descriptions about your medications. The front of each pouch show the following:
- Your name,
- Your physician/prescriber
- Name and dose of each drug
- When to take your pouch!
The back of the pouches will show when to take your pouch. It will be a large letter for the following:
- M - for morning.
- N - for noon.
- E - for evening.
- BT - for bedtime.
We will home deliver your personalized box of medications once a month. No more going to the pharmacy, or carrying around a bag of prescription bottles everywhere you go. We take care of your medications for you. When you have one refill remaining our staff will contact your physician, to see if you need to be seen or not.
Pills in a Pouch is a free medication adherence program, designed to help give you a peace of mind when it comes to your medication regimen. We offer many free benefits:
- Synchronization of medication
- Personalized packaging of maintenance medications
- Home delivery
- As well as coordination of your refills.
Pills in a Pouch improves the way pharmacy runs; it increases communication, improves outcomes and decreases all the worry that coincides with medication mayhem. We accomplish this by putting responsibility in your hands to contact us when there is a change, need, concern with your medications, or health. In turn, we will contact you and your physician when information is needed or has to be shared.
Pills in a Pouch works as a trifecta, with your health at the core. In order for you to experience any benefits, it takes three parties taking responsibilities for their role including:
- Communication is key.
- Your physician prescribes the needed medications for your disease/condition.
- Pills in a Pouch reviews, prepares and delivers your medications. It is then up to you to do all you can to take the pouches as instructed.
You must pay your co-pay upon delivery. We accept the following payment methods:
- Credit/debit card can be kept on file.
So you can truly experience the full benefits of Pills in a Pouch, it is important that you be enrolled for at least three months. We ask that you notify a Pills in a pouch staff if you have any of the changes:
- Phone number
If your delivery changes from the prior month, please notify a Pills in the Pouch staff. For example, if you a prescribed and inhaler and you do not need a refill one month, but want it the next, please contact us, so we will know to send you an inhaler the next month.
Your physician will be contacted by Pills in a Pouch if refills are needed.
What to expect after Enrolling:
- Our pharmacist will review your medication list and make a call to your physician if there are any discrepancies.
- The pharmacy techs will then call your current pharmacy and transfer your medications to Causey’s LTC Pharmacy.
- It may be necessary to bridge your month supply of one or more of your medications for the first month to get them to run out at the same time.
- Usually within the first three weeks, you will receive your Pills in a Pouch box. In order for you to get your box as soon as possible, we ask that you do not refill any prescriptions with another pharmacy.